Moniteur offers a wide array of switches and other spare parts to keep position indicators functioning at peak performance. Contact us to find the right part for your device.
Moniteur offers the industry's best mechanical switches to handle a wide variety of applications, meeting the tough demands of today's process industries. A full range of mechanical snap-acting switches is available.
- Mechanical SPDT switches are the most common switch ued due to their low cost and proven reliability for general purpose applications. In addition to transmitting valve position, the switch’s high amp rating can control a relay, or other plant devices such as pumps or motors. Moniteur specifies stiffer contact springs that resist dirt and freeze-up in cold conditions.
- Mechanical DPDT switches are used for simultaneous switching functions when two independent signals must operate in tandem. An example is when one switch sends a low level signal back to the control room, and a second controls a relay or another device.
- Gold-Plated Mechanical switches are used in low-current, low-voltage (primarily DC) applications. Gold-plated switch contacts ensure signal stability at etremely low currents and voltages, and are ued as a low-cost alternative in Intrinsically Safe systems.
- Mechanical Switches with 125VDC and 250VDC ratings are also available for power plants using battery voltage.
- Product Ratings
- Cherry SPDT: 15A/125–250VAC (2.5A/24VDC)
- ITW DPDT: 10A/125–250VAC (1A/24VDC)
- Prism Gold-Plated SPDT: 1A/120VAC (1A/24VDC)
- C&K SPDT: 15A/250VAC (0.5A/125VDC–0.25A/250VDC)
TTL Non-Contact Proximity Switches
Moniteur’s TTL hermetically sealed proximity switches provide an advanced and reliable method of position monitoring for today's sophisticated process control systems. The highest quality reed switch elements available are enclosed and encapsulated in a flexible moisture-proof bedding compound, protecting them from contaminants and shock to 38g. Switching elements are actuated with neodymium magnets sealed in their cams to protect and prevent dislodgement and subsequent system failure. An internal stainless steel Loc-Ring is employed to prevent vertical shaft motion from corrupting output signals. A variety of switching elements are available, meeting different user needs.
- Areas with corrosive or humid environments that could corrode exposed contacts
- Critical position monitoring applications requiring reliability and higher cycle life
- Explosion-proof environments. Moniteur Sentinel series is UL approved for Class I, Division 2, Groups A & B; Class I, Division 1, Groups C & D; and Class II, Division 1, Groups E, F & G.
- Class I, Division 2 environments requiring hermetically sealed contacts or nonincendive circuits. Article 501-3 (b) of the National Electric Code (NEC) permits the use of general purpose enclousures (such as the Moniteur Watchman or Survivor Series) in Class I, Division 2 locations when the current interrupting contacts are sealed with a hermetically sealed chamber.
- Intrinsically Safe — choose Rhodium TTL. These switches are passive devices (simple apparatus) and can be used in Intrinsically Safe applications with an approved current- and voltage-limiting barrier.
- Tungsten TTL: The choice for AC switching applications/use. Durable contacts handle up to 3A/120VAC (2A /24VDC) and 100 watts of power. Tungsten TTL HV switches can handle 100W at voltages up to 500 VAC or VDC. MTBF for both is 800,000 cycles.
- Rhodium TTL: The choice for DC switching applications. With 80% less resistance than Tungsten, these switches are best suited to modern control systems using low-power DC feedback signals. Rated to 1A/24VDC. MTBF 1,000,000 cycles.
- Krystal TTL: Rhodium TTL contacts combined with LED set lights make switch setting easier in the field. Rated to 0.3A/120VAC (0.3A/24VDC). MTBF 1,000,000 cycles.